- A house is an undiversed bet on a single piece of property
- Real Estate doesn’t always go up
- Leverage bites when you get it wrong
- A house is a long-term investment
- The big money is in the rent (see some of the other articles in the Exclusive Investor section for information on Capital Gains versus Cash Flow in real estate for more on this thought!)
- Home improvements aren’t an investment
- Mortgage debt has to be repaid
See the original Wall Street Journal article for more detail on each point.