Mortgage Fulfillment Specialist Needed. Must have great computer skills, be organized… and be an ‘A-Player’
JOB POSTING – Mortgage Fulfillment Specialist
Position Type and Location
Full-Time position working directly on the subway line in Bloor West Village (west Toronto near High Park)
This is a full time position that has a base compensation of $36-$40K per year depending on relevant experience, education, and demonstrated skills. Additional compensation is based on performance and guaranteed to be no less than $3,000 per year and potentially more. When your 90-day probationary period is over you will receive full medical and dental benefits, a $2,500 annual education allowance, and the opportunity to work with the best team of mortgage professionals in the country.
Who are you?
You are an exceptional results driven person who wants to be in an environment where you are supported to achieve your personal and professional best. The successful candidate will be a person who is passionate about serving others, loves a fast paced environment, and who takes a lot of pride in being great at what they do. This key team member will have a two year cross-functional training program commencing no later than May 2nd, 2016 that will lead to becoming a full mortgage underwriter or a financial advisor who supports serving our clients when they come to our office with new mortgage needs. On our team, extra bonuses are paid monthly and annually based on your effectiveness at exceeding customer and team member service. You will also get to participate in profit sharing from team financial results.
We are a nationally recognized leader in the space of mortgages and wealth advisory for high income professionals and those borrowing to invest. Most of the clients we serve are millionaires and a significant number of our clients are top 1% income earners. In the last ten years we have been consistently ranked as one of the top ten teams in the country – having funded over $2 billion dollars and over 5,500 mortgage transactions. We achieve our success by always putting the interest of our clients first, and going above and beyond to add value to the lives of our referral partners while consistently striving to improve ourselves personally and professionally.
Our award winning brand is synonymous with professionalism, superior financial knowledge, and an unparalleled commitment to excellence in the way we serve others. We are the the ‘Ritz Carlton’ of the mortgage financing experience. More than 50% of our business comes directly from repeat clients and their referrals so delivering a WOW experience is incredibly important to how we serve others.
Our team is like a family and we will be highly committed to supporting your long term success. Personal and professional development is a core part of our culture and ongoing formal personal finance and education is paid for and required annually. The firm will pay for you to get your Certified Financial Planning designation and proactively train you to understand holistic financial planning so we can add the most amount of value possible with our clients.
The following video will give you an insight into what it’s like to work on our team: https://youtu.be/46H3BBOAOEk
Reporting to the Team Leader, the Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for working with our Client Account Managers to ensure that all lender conditions are met prior to closing. The Fulfillment Specialist is responsible for completing all the documentation requirements once a mortgage file is approved with the lender.
- Managing files from the time they are approved by the lender until all of the lender’s conditions are met on the mortgage approval and the file is ready for funding.
- Updating the client mortgage files to outline the outstanding conditions on the file in CRM to keep other team members aware of the relevant details of the active mortgage file.
- Reviewing account manager emails to filter for client updates and ensure that team members and clients are aware of the status of client mortgage files.
- Following up on documentation within four business hours of receipt.
- Submitting required documentation to lenders to fulfill all outstanding conditions of mortgage approvals.
- Preparing approval packages for clients once mortgage commitments are received from lenders.
- Ordering and reviewing client appraisals.
- Reviewing and satisfying lender and compliance requirements for consent, mortgage commitment, disclosure, amortization, and other relevant documents required for funding the mortgage.
- Receiving, reviewing and approving supporting documentation from borrowers.
- Reviewing employment letters, pay stubs, and/or tax returns to validate income provided on application.
- Verifying asset statements to satisfy lender down payment verification requirements.
- Must have post-secondary education (university or college) in business or related program
- You must complete the Ontario Mortgage Agent Course within three months of joining the company, and you will be expected to complete the Certified Financial Planning certification within two years
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision, self-manage, and meet deadlines
- Must be highly professional in conduct and be punctual at all times
- Intermediate computer skills and experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel (CRM experience an asset)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please follow use the following link:
Thank you for your interest in joining our award winning team! Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.